Saturday, March 18, 2017

Updates on Quilts

I realized it had been a long time since I had posted any of my recent quilts, so thought this would be a good time to do a recap.

This was a t-shirt quilt I made for my niece Michelle.

t-shirt quilt

Just a fun one for us with some traveling fabric.


 Lucy, our dog, checking out this one.


This was a Thimbleberries kit I bought at a quilt store in Lebanon.  It took a while to finish.

Thimbleberries

Lucy likes to get in my pictures.  This one is a space ship quilt.  It was fun fabric.

space ship quilt

I love this one, it's for Kasey's bed, The name of it is Hanky Panky, but it's got a bunch of different fabric, so could be an Eye Spy Quilt really easy.

Hanky Panky Eye Spy Quilt

When Nicky was in high school, she wanted to make a quilt.  She started on this one and never finished it.  I sewed the border on for her, quilted it on my machine and then gave it to her for Christmas.  


This is a t-shirt quilt I made for my nephew Connor.

t-shirt quilt

This was a disappearing 9 patch.  I love the fabric in it, it's a Christmas material.

disappearing 9 patch

This quilt took a long time to finish too.  I tend to like to do really easy quilts, but every once in a while I throw something in that's a little more complex to give me a challenge.  I think this was a quilt that I got off the Internet, like a block of the month, possibly from this website.

burning the midnight oil quilt

 This was a monthly block of the month that I did with my friend Barbara several years ago.  I did all the blocks, but didn't put them together in a quilt.  I decided to take these blocks and put them together in a table topper.


I wasn't too happy with how this one turned out, it was just too busy.  I put a nice warm flannel backing on it so it's nice and snuggly.

baseball quilt

This quilt is one that I made with the leftover fabric from Nicky's bed quilt, you can view here.   I was really happy with how it turned out, I like the green around the borders.  I was happy that I used what I had leftover and could get a nice lap quilt out of the fabric.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.