Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room Edition

Kelly's Korner is a blog I like to read and have been reading for over a year. She is hosting a show us where you live Friday challenge. This week is the living room. So here's our living room.

Mark made the cat stand for our cat. I think he did a great job on it. Our cat sits on it a lot and scratches her nails on the post.

This is the gas fireplace. We painted the wall to match our foyer. The picture to the right is one we bought at an auction. I think it came out of a funeral home, but I like it anyway.


The hallway to the left goes into our bedroom and the one right behind the chair goes into the garage. The picture on the wall is a collage that my step-daughter made for me one year for Mother's Day, I think. It has pictures of me, Mark, Kasey and Nicky. She had them developed in black and white and sepia. It was probably one of the most thoughtful things she has done for me. It took her time to get the pictures together, get them developed and put them on the frame.

I didn't get a good picture of the coffee table but it's really a small hope chest. I got it from our neighbor for my 16th birthday. We don't have anything in it, sometimes we use it as a toy box. I really like it.

This is looking out into the foyer, see the matching green walls? The big vase is one that I got from my Granny by way of my mom. I really like it, but Kasey knocked it over one day and broke the handle on it. Mark said he has the pieces and we can glue them back together someday, but I haven't seen them. I thought that my Granny got this from India when she went there one year, but my mom told me that she got it from New Mexico or Arizona.

Well, that's it for this posting. You'll notice that there aren't a lot of things on the coffee table or the end tables, that's because I have a 2 year old and it's just not worth the effort to put anything out. He'll just knock it off or destroy it.

6 comments:

  1. Love your green accent walls and the huge foyer! I am with on the kids and lack of decor. I had to put a lot away. Some day we'll be abe to get it all out again. Maybe when they go to college! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That furniture looks so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THAT FUNKY GREEN WALL AND ENTRY! GOTTA LOVE COLOR! I AM SO NOT A WHITE WALL GIRL, SO I LOVE ANY POP OF COLOR! THANKS FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! How do you keep is so clean with a little one?
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.