Well, I have just been lazy about blogging lately. There has been a lot going on in my life right now, most of it with work. We sold off 3 locations of our company and one of the locations was the one that provided all of our IT services to our remaining 3 companies.
So, that meant I had to get busy getting our email setup for 120 employees or so, a new Internet site built, a new Intranet site built, our new Internet lines installed for 3 locations. Setting up a new server and several new applications. Overall, everything has gone really well and I think everyone has been happy with the results. The funny thing about working in IT is that if you’ve done your job right, you hardly ever hear from anyone to say that you did a good job. I’m sure some of you understand that. I probably had 2 or 3 people tell me thanks for all the work I did.
Other than work, I’ve just been busy with Kasey and Mark. Kasey is going to 4 day a week preschool in the afternoons. I think he enjoys it.
Our big project now is that we bought another camper! Last year, we fixed up my mom and dad’s old camper, here’s a picture of it at Johnson Shut-ins.
Ours is a 24’ 1984 Rockwood. We really like it and did a lot of work to it, but 24 foot just wasn’t big enough for us and Mark didn’t like the engine on this one, had the old style carburetor on it.
So my dad found a 32 foot RV on eBay and called me up and said, you HAVE to get this one, it’s a steal and the auction ends in 20 minutes, hurry up and make up your mind! Well, we bought it, went and picked it up. It’s a 1998 model and has a really good motor in it.
I need to take a picture of the outside of it, here are some of the original pictures of the inside from the guy we bought it from.
Here’s a list of what we’ve done to it so far:
- Took all the blinds down to clean
- Took all the living room furniture out (won’t be putting the old back in)
- Ripped all the carpet and linoleum out
- Took all the drawers out of the cabinets to clean
- Replaced the latches that hold all the outside storage doors open
- Tightened up the mirrors
- Took out all the light covers, vent covers and any cover that I could figure out how to get off the camper in order to clean them
My dad has done a bunch of work to it also:
- Fixed the turn signal that didn’t work (it had a wire corroded in the middle of the camper somewhere)
- Installed a new radio that he bought Mark for Christmas for the original camper
- Fixed the automatic step that didn’t work (it also had a bad wire)
- Working on straightening the back bumper that is bent
Today we bought wood flooring for it, a new kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet, shower faucet and a bathroom sink.
So it’s Spring Break week, I’m on vacation all week, Mark is on Spring Break and Kasey is hanging out with us all week. We’re going to work on the camper. I decided it was time for me to get back into blogging, it would be fun to show our progress.