Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Neulasta On-Pro, Easy Peasy!

Neulasta On-Pro, Easy Peasy!!

When I left the hospital after my chemo treatment, I needed to get a Neulasta shot.  Neulasta is a medicine that boosts your white blood cells that are lost during chemo treatments.  They decided to do an on-board Neulasta device instead of a shot.  That made my life easier because I didn't have to wait around to get a shot in Tulsa, I could come right home!

They put it on my stomach on the night of my chemo treatment.  The nurse put it on me by peeling off the backing and just placing it on my stomach.  There was a green flashing light and after 2 minutes, the device gave a little POP and it stuck a needle in my stomach.  I didn't feel a thing.

I left it on for 27 hours until midnight last night (Tuesday evening), it went off at 11:45 p.m. and then started dispensing medicine and was done after 45 minutes.  We had to stay up to keep an eye on it to make sure it didn't leak any medicine out.  It went perfectly.   But Mark and I were both tired!


Once it was completed, I carefully peeled it off and here's what the little needle looked like. 


Here's what my skin looked like after.  Easy Peasy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.