Friday, May 15, 2009

Show us Where You Live Friday - Guest Bedroom - Man Room - Woman Room Instead

Today is Friday's installment of Show Us Where You Live - Guest Bedroom edition. Well, we don't really have a guest bedroom anymore. We've turned 2 of our rooms into play rooms. One is for Mark and one for ME! Here's the first one, the MAN room.

This is where Mark and Kasey play Wii and sometimes I get to play Wii Fitness, if I'm lucky.

Couch in the MAN's room. On the bookshelf is a ship building project Mark has been working on for a lot of years. He has all of his parts in a Longaberger basket that I let him use. Sometimes I'd like to take it back, but I don't really have a purpose for it right now.
This is a Grandfather clock that Mark got from his Nanny. They bought it for their 45th anniversary. Mark reworked it and put it in the MAN room. It was a regular wind up clock but the mechanism were all messed up so we just ordered a battery clock and put a little shelf in the bottom of it. Then we had a plaque made up with his Grandparents name on it and their anniversary date.

And this is my room, my sewing room. I don't call it the WOMAN's room though, it's just my sewing room. This is a quilt machine that Mark made for me. We found this old 1930's sewing machine and he built the cabinet and assembled it all together for me. I really like it.



This is the other side of the room.

And these are the shelves that Mark built for me, I really should have straightened them up a little bit. Oh well.
So that's the guest bedroom edition. See ya next week with dining room edition.

1 comment:

  1. NICE! I've used one of those quilters before...my aunt once had a Quilt Shop and I helped her with it one summer. I was probably only 12 at the oldest, but she trusted me to run it...some! :) Pretty easy, just follow the pattern. What is the white sheet on the wall for? Is that where you place your quilt pieces?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.