Saturday, March 18, 2017

Time for a Hair Cut


I think one of the hardest things to deal with is losing your hair during cancer treatments. I know it's going to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier for me or for anyone I'm sure.   The best I can do for myself is to just take one day at a time.   I'll get through one problem and try to prepare for the next.  

I decided to go ahead and cut my hair short.  That way, when it starts coming out, it would be huge long strands of hair.  Mark and Kasey both picked out this haircut for me.  


This is Lori, my friend and hairdresser for many, many years!  Sometimes I feel like my hair sessions are like therapy sessions for both of us, but I don't have to pay as much for them as I would a therapy session.  Lori is an amazing person, she sent me flowers as soon as she heard the news and it really made me feel good to get them and look at them every day.  I'm going to miss my hair appointments with Lori, I could be without hair for up to 54 weeks.  That's just crazy!


Here's my after picture! 



Here's me and mom after my appointment.  She is so pretty!  I am so lucky to have a great mom, she's been a real help to me.  She brought me over a ton of food this week, went with me on our first visit to the hospital and has taken care of Kasey while Mark and I are in Tulsa.  I know Kasey has a great time when he spends time with his grandparents and they enjoy him a bunch too!


This was all my hair that was cut off!  I had a lot of it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.