Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Why Should You Do It?

Why should you do a mammogram?

We all think it will never happen to us, I never thought it would happen to me.  I have been asked, how did you find out?  I found out I had breast cancer through a regular mammogram.  I didn't really want to get one, I just put it off, it had been a year and a half since I had one and that one was fine. So getting a mammogram really saved my life, since that is how they discovered my tumors.

It's amazing how many people have talked to me about what is going on and how many men I have talked to about this.  When I was younger, I never wanted to talk about boobs, I mean, they are private, they are mine, I don't need to talk about them.  But as you get older, and now that I have breast cancer, everyone wants to talk about them and it's not embarrassing at all.

Girls, if you haven't had your mammogram, please go out and get one!  If you have insurance it should be covered as a preventative.  It doesn't take long at all, and it didn't hurt me at all.  I guess everyone is different, but I didn't really find it bad.  It was just a little uncomfortable but it ends quickly.

Guys, if your wife or significant one hasn't had their mammogram, please encourage them to go get this done.  It's so important.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.