Sunday, March 26, 2017

First Two Weeks of Chemo

I had Chemo on Monday 3/13/17, so after the first week of Chemo, here's my thoughts:
  • Tiredness is unbelievable.  I made it to work most days, but was only able to get 4-6 hours in.  I actually think that was pretty good. 
  • Taking the pain meds helps.
  • My stomach feels like it has something inside it, pulling the insides toward it.  There's just a dull ache in my stomach area.
  • Sunday night I had horrible lower back pains.  Took some of the pain meds and went to sleep. Unfortunately, I woke up every couple of hours, but not too much pain in my back. Maybe that was just a fluke with the back pain.
  • I need to just take the pain meds and not worry about it.  I can take 4 a day, but I just take one morning and night. 
  • My feet and fingers are starting to get a tingly sensation in them.  I'm taking a natural supplement to help that.
  • I get a slight fever, 100.7 through 99.8 or so.  Kasey takes my temperature a lot and has been writing it down in a journal for me so we can keep an eye on it.
  • My mouth feels weird, like my tongue is more tingly than before.  It's really strange.
  • I have a slight sore throat off and on.
The second week of chemo was a little better:
  • Not quite as tired
  • Stomach bloating hit me on Wednesday (week and 2 days after chemo).  That was a really weird feeling, I had it through Sunday the day of this posting.  I'm drinking a lot of water, but I think it has something to do with one of the drugs, maybe the Neulasta.  I'm going to add it to my list to ask them about when I go this next week for my 2nd Chemo session.
  • Still have the strange feeling in my mouth, I gargle with a mixture of water, baking soda and salt and it does help.
  • I haven't had any coffee or Diet Cokes since chemo.  I love both of them but they don't even sound good.
  • No problems with my hair so far, haven't lost any.  My scalp feels a little tingly every once in a while.  I love the short style, I just wash it and go!  No styling tools.  
  • I'm not taking any pain meds this week.  Just one every once in a while.  I don't want to get hooked on them if I can keep from it.   
I'm happy to say that my insurance company approved genetic testing for me.  I had to prove that I had enough cancer in my family to warrant insurance paying for it.  They will send the results to the Cancer Center, so maybe I will know the results next week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.