Monday, May 12, 2008

Miranda Bag Almost Finished

I worked Sunday evening on my Miranda Bag. I got everything done but the flap and the handles. I am not sure when I will get them done, probably this weekend. I know this picture makes it look crooked, but it's really not.. I really like how it looks and it WAS really pretty easy to put together. I did sew one thing wrong and had to rip it out, but it wasn't too bad.

This is the inside, I don't have anything to put in the bottom yet, so I put my 6 X 12 ruler in there and it worked pretty good. I have some heavy plastic that was used for a yard sign, I think I will use that for a while until it falls apart! I had a hard time with the interfacing when I ironed it on the liner, because the liner puckered up. I tried just pressing down on it without going back and forth and it seemed to do the same thing, so I am not sure what I did wrong. The only interfacing I had was the kind with the grid lines on it, but I would think that would be ok.

I'll post the finished picture once I get it done. I am going to make one for my mom too for a late Mother's Day gift, so I think I'll do a lot better on it.

All Mark could say was "Are these cheaper than the ones you buy?" Ha!! I just said, it doesn't really matter, I will still want to buy purses......

1 comment:

  1. Love the Miranda bag! That's about all I get finished in one setting too. I usually have to come back for the handles and flap. I love making this bag. It's so easy!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.