Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last Night's Camping Adventure

We had fun camping last night. I didn't make it all night though. The tent we had came from my dad, he bought it at an auction or somewhere, so when you get something from my dad, you never know if it is going to work or not! (Disclaimer to my Dad when he reads this: we love the tent, so keep all the free stuff coming....)

Well, the tent poles that hold the rain flap up on the top of the tent were all broke. Dad had another tent, but we didn't want to go over there and get those poles. So last night, because that flap didn't have the poles in it, they flapped and flapped every time the wind blew. It was really annoying. So I couldn't make it, I had to go back in the house and sleep in my nice quiet cushy bed. I do like sleeping when it's real cool out though. We'll get the poles from Dad and try again. If not, I looked them up on Coleman's web site, they are only $15.00 to replace, so that's really cheap for a free tent! Plus it's a 8 person tent and those are anywhere from $100-$180. We got a pretty good deal on our tent.

Kasey really had a good time sleeping in the tent. He had never slept with all of us like that before. Our nephew Connor came over too. I think he had a good time too. He is 10 and had never slept in a tent before outside. Nicky was going to sleep with us too, but she had a friend who wanted to hang out with her, so ditched us for her friend. She said that NOTHING will stop her from tenting with us next time except family emergency... Ah.. teenagers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.