Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pillow Cases for Kasey

Michelle told me I should post my pillow cases I have made for Kasey on here. My friend, Margie, got me started making these. We went on a fabric shopping trip one time and I bought a bunch of novelty fabric. I think Kasey now has about 25 pillow cases for almost every holiday. I need to find some President's Day fabric, do you think there is such a thing? I didn't think I would find Veteran's Day, but it was really cute.
  • Mardi Gras
  • Halloween (2)
  • Valentine's Day
  • 4th of July
  • Veteran's Day
  • Easter
  • Christmas (3)
  • Fall Leaves
  • Happy Birthday
  • Picnic
  • ABC s
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Sports (3)
  • Crayons
I wasn't sure if Kasey would like them that well. His daddy thought it was a little silly at first. But Kasey likes them and points to the different things on the cases. He is starting to say the words to the things that are on the cases too. When I put him in his crib, he will hold his pillow up to me so that I will give him a new pillow case. It is so cute.

So I made some for my friend's daughter, Gracie. There was some really cute fabrics here too, I liked the Noah's Ark print and there was a flip-flop pattern. Making these for her gives me the opportunity to make some girl themed cases.

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you put the pillow cases on here. Of course without being on the pillows, they just look like fabric, but love the story of Kasey and his pillow cases. I still want to do some more. I made the fire truck ones for the 2 older boys when they were little and matching boxers - so cute. Now you will have to see if you have enough fabric from the pillow cases to make Kasey boxers to go with for sleeping - great scrapbook picture!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.