Here's another one that is almost done. It's Grandma's Attic. It took me a long time to get this one pieced together. I was really happy with it when I got done. But I have to tell on myself. Since it was last year that I started it, I had forgotten a lot of things. The first thing I did was the backing I indented to use on this quilt, I cut up and was going to use for another quilt when I realized that there was too much of it for the quilt I was going to use it for. So I realized it was for this one and decided I would go ahead and get this one quilted.
So I pinned it all on the machine and started looking at my To Do Board and saw it said "sew borders on Grandma's Attic quilt". I looked and the quilt and thought, no, that doesn't have borders does it? So I pulled my box out that I keep supplies for each one of my projects and sure enough, there was the borders all cut for this quilt. Darn it! So I unpinned it all and sewed the borders on. Then I put it back on the machine and realized I might not have enough batting.
I quilted it anyway and when I got to the end, I didn't have enough batting! So I just put a piece in there and cut both pieces so that I would get no gaps between the 2 pieces and finished it up.
Then I threaded the needle wrong and sewed a little bit with that. Those of you know what happened! I have a mess on the back of the quilt. So I'm going to take that out and try to fix it on the regular sewing machine, I think it will be ok.
Then I really want to put binding on it that matches the borders, but guess what? I don't have enough. I need 3/4 yard and have about 1/4. I looked all over the Internet for this fabric. It's Moda Cinnamon Stars line. I can't find the fabric anywhere. If anyone has some, let me know, I would be tickled to death to buy it from you!
So now, that I have explained all that, I bet you understand why I am glad to get this one done! It's definitely been an adventure.
The fabric I need is this brown with the little stars in it. I want the binding to match the borders. The borders stretched when I pinned it on the machine and I'm not real happy with how they turned out. That's a whole other story, but I think if the binding is the same as the border then it will be less noticeable.