Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt a Long

Here is my first block in the Jelly Roll Quilt a Long by Moose on the Porch.  The Jelly Roll I used is called La’mour by Moda.  I am not 100% happy with the inside blocks.  I may redo it, haven’t decided yet.  I really wished I had put all red in the squares, or maybe put a brown in the center and all red on the outside.  Sometimes you just have to let things go though and move on.  I really love this fabric line though.

CIMG3923

Kasey and I have been working on recycling.  I have been recycling papers for a while.  I bought one of those Aldi’s recycle bags and just throw my papers in it, then I can pick it up and take it to the big recycle dumpster.  I have been shocked at the amount of paper we generate.  One thing I really like about it is that if I need to retrieve something that I previously would have thrown away, it’s right there in the recycle.  I received a check the other day from our flexible spending account vendor and then couldn’t find it.  I looked all over and then decided to look in recycle and there it was!  I think that Kasey thought it was recycle so threw it in there. 

After the paper, I thought it would be a good idea to recycle soda cans.  We buy too much soda and I decided it was time to recycle those too.  So I searched all over town and finally found a can crusher.  This is now Kasey’s job and he really likes it.  My mom has been saving her cans up too for him to crush.  Here’s Kasey crushing the cans.

CIMG3925

CIMG3924Then he puts them in this little trash can.   

CIMG3926That’s all for tonight!  We’re having a really nice thunder rainstorm tonight.  I love it when it rains, sounds so relaxing (well, except for the loud thunder and the crashing lightening.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.