Friday, April 11, 2008

Nicky Won Electric Company Essay Contest!

Nicky entered an essay contest at our local rural electric cooperative. There were 124 entries and the judges picked 10 that they liked, Nicky was one of those 10, 5 girls and 5 boys. Thursday night, she had to read her essay to the judges. After everyone was done, they announced the runners up. They named the first girl and it wasn't Nicky, then they named the 2nd and it wasn't her, then the 3rd and it wasn't her! We were going crazy, it was so close, then they named the 4th one and it wasn't her either! Which meant SHE WON!!! Oh my gosh, it was so exciting.

She won a small PDA device, I don't know what it is for sure, but I guess it has Office 2007 on it, Internet, a GPS system and all sorts of things. I can't wait to see it. But the BIG prize was an all expense paid trip to WASHINGTON, DC in June! Oh my gosh, we are just so excited. There will be 82 kids from Missouri that get to go for 6 days! I dont' think it's sunk in for her what an honor and what a prize this is!

Course, she did forget that I had told her the week before that if she won it, I would give her $100 spending money! When I told her that I was out $100, she was like "Oh, yeah, I forgot!" HA! I told her she had to buy me a t-shirt. Course in DC, you can usually buy t-shirts for 5 for $10, so she'll be able to buy everyone a t-shirt real cheap!

Here's her proud pappa! He said it was really his night to shine... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.