Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mom's Visit With Me in Tulsa

Mom came with me last week to Tulsa, I'm not too sure it was a great trip for her, she never complains though.  I worked a lot and didn't turn the TV on all week, it was pretty quiet in the room.  She read her book a lot.  It was nice to have her here with me.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Isn't the hospital beautiful?



On the way down to Tulsa, we stopped in Carthage, Missouri at the Precious Moments Chapel.  It was a free tour.  I don't collect the figurines, haven't really been interested in them. I did like the Chapel tour though.  The grounds were beautiful.

This is one of the stained glass windows.


The grounds outside were really beautiful.  This was a castle playhouse surrounded by a moat. How cool?


This was a small cave with a statute in front of it.


This was the door to the Chapel.  It was heavy, carved wood and so amazing.  They had several doors like this.


Inside the Chapel, beautiful painted walls.




The Bridge to God.


The stained glass windows were really amazing.


Look at the light fixtures.  



Part of the outside gardens.


There were a lot of statutes around the grounds.


Trumpeters!


A small koi pond.


This was inside the welcome center.




The entry way into the building, from the inside looking out.


This fountain was really something!


Here's me and mom.  My hair is starting to grow back, black and gray.  It is what it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.