Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 1, 2 and 3 of our Texas Vacation

Our trip so far has been fun. I finally got my laptop back but it has a keyboard problem, I was supposed to get a replacement for it, but it didn't come in yet. So I put my old keyboard on it that has the bad p key. So anytime I have to type a p, I have to copy it from somewhere else and hit ctrl v to paste it in my word. Sure does slow me down, but you don't really use the p key as much as you think. It would have been much nicer if it was the q key, but oh well. But I am sure happy to have it!!

We got to San Antonio and the our friend's house around 9:30. Made it in about 13 1/2 hours, which is good for the stops we made, it was 775 miles. We stopped several times for gas and one to eat lunch at the Cottonpatch restaurant in Denison, Texas.

Sonja and JW’s house is out in the middle of nowhere outside of San Antonio. It is a beautiful house. There is sand all over the yard so it really hard to grow grass. They used to live right across the street from us, then had to move because of JW's job. We were sad to see them leave.
There are these plants that are poisonous. I do not know what they are called. But if you touch them, the burn like fireants have bit you all over. Sonja said even if you wear gloves to pull them out, they hurt. I stayed away from them.

I couldn’t wait to get to Sonja’s to eat her special German noodle dish. It has sauerkraut, bacon and spaetzle noodles (which is a German noodle). It sounds nasty but it is WONDERFUL! Hmmmmm. Kasey even ate some of it. We got up Friday morning and headed to Sea World, San Antonio. Tickets were $120 for both of us and Kasey got in free. Parking was $12 and we bought 2 waters that were $3 each. Isn’t that ridiculous? Oh my gosh, it is so hot here, it is crazy! It was about 100 degrees.

We went to the dolphin show first. That was really neat. Then we went to the ski show, they have a big lake there at Sea World. It was ok, but Kasey was starting to act a little crazy.

Then we went to the Shammu Whale Show. That was really worth the whole trip here. The whales are so cool. I just love them. They would swim around and jump out of the water. Then they would jump on the stage. Kasey enjoyed watching that. The last show we watched was the Sea Lions. Kasey got a little crazy there and ran up and down the aisles. He finally calmed down, but he was so tired.



This is Kasey and I all hot, tired and grumpy!

We left around 2:30, it was just too hot and Kasey was too sleepy. So we let him sleep in the car and headed for downtown. We decided we would just go ahead and go to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The Alamo was neat, but there wasn’t a lot there. I am glad I got to see it.




Then we walked to the Riverwalk. It’s like a river under the streets of San Antonio. We walked around for a little bit, then decided to go on the boat tour of the river. It’s about 2 ½ miles long and took us 30 minutes. The boat was really crowded and Kasey moved around a lot, I worried he was annoying everyone, we were so crowded, he was kicking others. The tickets were $7.75 each.


Here are the boys on the boat. Mark has his eyes shut, but it's a great picture of Kasey.

Then we headed back to Sonja’s. I had some more German noodles and Mark had tacos. Sonja bought Kasey all sorts of toys, some toy trucks and cars. She got him grapes and bananas and some juice box drinks, some string cheese. She sure knows how to spoil that boy.

Saturday is lazy day, we got up and walked down the road a little ways, then came back, ate a huge breakfast of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage and juice. Sonja says that JW’s next assignment with his company will be in Germany or Hawaii. Ah, another trip maybe!!!

Kasey played in the pool in the morning. I think he enjoyed that more than anything we’ve done so far..


This is all I will post for today, we are not planning on doing too much. Tomorrow we will get up and head to South padre Island and do a little swimming at the beach!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.