Monday, July 6, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Cake

Tomorrow is my co-worker’s birthday and I decided to make him a cake. It seems that we have some rule at work as to who brings in the birthday cake for the person’s birthday, but no one ever tells me or writes it down, so I tend not to volunteer. Although not because I’m not being a good contributor, it just seems like it works that way. It would be so much easier if they would say, “Kelly brings in the birthday dessert for Joni on March 15th and then Joni brings in Kelly’s birthday cake in December.” But no one does, so we just tend to bring in when we think about it. So on Mike’s birthday, July 7th, he’s the only guy in a department of 9 women and he tends to bring in his own birthday stuff. We’re all happy about that because he buys these wonderful tart things from a bakery somewhere. They are so good.

But this year I decided to make something, I saw Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake recipe and had to make it. If you’ve never read her blog, I highly recommend it. Most of the recipes are just wonderful and she always gives step-by-step pictures of the recipe. She’s so entertaining.

I made the cake part last night, but the recipe said to immediately take the cake out of the pan from the oven. That didn’t work well and it fell apart! I was so disappointed. I remade the cake tonight and put parchment paper in the bottom of the pan and it worked PERFECT! I was so happy.

I hope it tastes as good as it looks. When you make an icing with cream cheese, you can’t hardly go wrong!

CIMG2661

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting, change the drop down next to Comment As: to Anonymous.